The Octopus Epic Adj has a metal body with PVD coating. The adjustable airflow and air volume guarantee maximum performance. Classic yellow colouring.
The Epic Octopus was designed by Mares to be the absolute top of the range. It is made of PVD-coated metal and is also designed for cold water use.
PVD is an acronym for Physical Vapor Deposition and indicates a technology used to deposit a thin metal film over various types of substrates. The process takes place in a vacuum chamber in which the metals to be deposited are evaporated. PVD coatings are particularly well-suited to innovative, advanced technical products.
The VAD system exploits the Venturi effect by conveying 90% of the air inside a lateral bypass. The airflow flows through it without encountering any levers and/or mechanisms and guarantees maximum performance even in extreme situations, such as diving in cold water.
The Twin Power System allows the VAD system's air flow to be controlled, ensuring natural breathing at any depth and providing the necessary amount of air in relation to the diver's demand.
Breathing comfort is adjustable according to the diver's needs thanks to a knob which is easy to use, even with thick gloves; a feature that Mares also applies to the purge button, which is large and pivoting, for easy and immediate use.
Pneumatic balancing completes the range of advantages of this second stage. Supplied with a Superflex hose.
Maintenance and care: Mares recommends rinsing and carefully drying the Epic Adj octopus after every dive to avoid dirty and/or blue spots on the PVD surface due to limestone residue.
- ALL METAL TECHNOLOGY: Outstanding mechanical reliability and high thermal conductivity make our metal 2nd stages extremely long lasting and ideal for cold water dives. The high thermal conductivity of metal reduces also the dry mouth feeling during the dive.
- VAD - VORTEX ASSISTED DESIGN: The air bypass tube delivers air to the mouthpiece creating a swirling vortex with a low pressure area in the center that keeps the diaphragm down during inhalation, for very sensitive and easy breathing at all depths.
- SUPERFLEX HOSE: Extreme light weight and exceptional softness guarantee the maximum freedom of movement.
- TWIN POWER: New, flow control manages the delivery rate of your gas, from natural breathing to power breathing. The former is the traditional way of breathing a Mares regulator, (VAD) while the latter (VAD+) provides an extra push when you need it.
- MESH GRID: Patented design which reduces the impact of water flow onto the second stage diaphragm, thus eliminating free flows even in strong currents.
This was an easy process purchasing on line , slight delay with Royal Mail but it’s Christmas , but delivered safely and very happy with overall
Ordered a new Dive bag for upcoming holiday, was showing as in stock and 2 day delivery window so though great, have plenty time. Ordered late Thursday evening, but order was still not showing as shipped by Monday morning so was getting bit concerned, especially being up in Scotland. Phoned the store and the gentleman I spoke to was very helpful and actually got in touch with the courier whilst I was on the phone to arrange an urgent collection that morning/lunch time (and at no extra charge to myself). Bag arrived the next day and worked great for my trip.
Bag itself is great, being only 5ft 1, I struggle with most dive bags but this one is perfect, not too wide and with extra grab handle on side it is much easier to lift on to the conveyer at the airport etc than my last one. Large enough to put my weeks clothes inside and still within the 23Kg allowance (just) with room to spare, if needed. Came back from first trip to Egypt with no real damage, just couple of scratches.
Ordered item arrived in good time and expected. No issues. Will use again.
The Royal Mail were hopeless with delivery. Waterworld Sports sorted this out, offering to send a replacement on next day delivery. This was really helpful as I needed my mask in a hurry!
First experience with Waterworld Sports but it's been great, fantastic pricing, quick delivery and the the bag came in perfect condition, 10/10 would recommend and use again
Brilliant personal service.
Russell selected several styles of Wet suits for me to try and was not satisfied until I had the perfect fit.
No rush or sales pressure, it is a truly unique shopping experience.
Fast delivery. Would definitely recommend
Great company to order from would use again I’m a starter diver wanting to get bits of kit from time to time
New bag arrived super quick in good packaging. Really happy with the bag, loads of useful pockets and love that it has weels and Backpack straps. Seems good quality and at a very good price. Thank you!
Super fast delivery
TUSA SPORT UA0101 Water Shoes
Great pool and open water sessions with Phil. Confident in his training and knowledge. He has a friendly approach with a calm structured teaching style. Definitely recommended
Received promptly. Great communications and pre-purchase advice. Good quality dive mask at an affordable price. My prescription is 2.25 but the 1.75 was more than adequate underwater. Highly recommended seller.
Easy to order and swift delivery , thank you 👍
As a UK plus size 22 female not easy to find appropriate fitting female clothing for cold water swimming. Hence I've turn to men’s rash tops. Anyway I purchased an XXL-3XXL and it fits nicely. Obviously it’s a man physique fit but it’s fine. The ladies version does not go to bigger sizes. Maybe a thought moving forward Thank you
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device