🎄SPEND £50 FOR FREE 48HR DELIVERY | 60 DAY RETURNS
Enhance your bodyboarding experience by having the right accessories on-hand.... Read More
Enhance your bodyboarding experience by having the right accessories on-hand. From safety equipment to convenience-enhancing add-ons, bodyboarding accessories can improve your performance, safety, and overall enjoyment in the water. In this article, we'll explore a range of essential bodyboarding accessories that every bodyboarder should consider.
1. Leashes: Bodyboarding leashes are a vital accessory that keeps your bodyboard attached to you, ensuring it doesn't drift away in the waves. Leashes are typically made of durable, elastic materials and feature a cuff that attaches to your wrist or arm, while the other end secures to your bodyboard. Opt for a leash that matches the length of your bodyboard and provides a comfortable fit. A leash ensures that you stay connected to your board, preventing it from getting lost or posing a hazard to other surfers.
2. Fins: Bodyboarding fins, also known as swim fins or flippers, provide propulsion and control in the water. They are designed to be worn on your feet and come in various styles and sizes to accommodate different foot sizes and riding preferences. Fins help you catch waves, maintain speed, and execute maneuvers with greater efficiency. Look for fins that offer a snug fit, comfortable foot pocket, and optimal flex for enhanced performance in the water.
3. Wetsuits: Wetsuits are crucial for bodyboarding in colder water temperatures or during colder seasons. These suits provide thermal insulation, protecting your body from the cold water and wind. Wetsuits are typically made from neoprene, a flexible and insulating material that traps a thin layer of water against your skin, which is warmed by your body heat. They come in various thicknesses (measured in millimeters) to suit different water temperatures. Choose a wetsuit that fits snugly but allows freedom of movement for maximum comfort and warmth.
4. Rash Guards: Rash guards are lightweight, quick-drying shirts designed to protect your skin from sunburn, chafing, and irritation while bodyboarding. These shirts are typically made from stretchy and breathable fabrics that provide UPF sun protection. Rash guards offer added comfort and protection, especially during extended hours in the water. Look for rash guards that have a snug fit, flatlock stitching for reduced friction, and long sleeves for increased coverage.
5. Wax: Wax is an essential accessory that provides grip and traction on your bodyboard. Applying wax to the deck of your board improves your grip, preventing slips and ensuring a secure connection between your body and the board. Look for surf wax specifically designed for bodyboarding, as it offers a tackier texture suitable for the unique demands of bodyboarding. Apply wax in a circular motion to create a textured surface for better grip.
6. Bodyboard Bags: Bodyboard bags are designed to transport and protect your bodyboard when not in use. These bags typically feature a padded interior, durable construction, and a zippered closure. Bodyboard bags are available in various sizes to accommodate different board lengths and may include additional pockets for storing accessories such as fins, wax, and leashes. A bodyboard bag helps keep your board safe from scratches, dings, and UV damage during transportation and storage.
7. Accessories Bag: An accessories bag is useful for organizing and carrying your bodyboarding essentials. This bag can hold items like wax, fin tethers, spare leash attachments, sunscreen, sunglasses, and other small accessories. Look for a bag with multiple compartments and durable construction to keep your gear organized and protected while you're on the beach or traveling to and from your bodyboarding spots.
Investing in the right bodyboarding accessories can significantly enhance your performance, safety, and overall enjoyment in the water. Leashes, fins, wetsuits, rash guards, wax, bodyboard bags, and accessories bags are essential items that cater to various aspects of bodyboarding. Select accessories that are suited to your riding style, preferences, and the specific conditions you'll be encountering. With the right accessories by your side, you can make the most of your bodyboarding adventures and ride the waves with confidence and comfort.